Criminal Law

When should I speak to a lawyer?

You should obtain advice from a lawyer for a criminal offence when:

  1. You have received an infringement notice and you are considering taking the matter to Court;
  2. When you have received a Notice to Appear;
  3. When you have received a Summons to go got Court;
  4. When you would like to know the legal ramifications of pleading guilty, or not-guilty;
  5. When are considering your options, and would like to know what the penalty for your offence may be and the prospects of your success.


What do I need to tell my lawyer?

Your lawyer will want to know details about the offence, and your previous traffic history and the details surrounding the circumstances of the offence.


What is a work licence?

This is a restricted licence allowing you to drive once your licence is suspended.  You must meet the eligibility requirements to be able to apply for a work licence. Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss this further.


Where can I get more information?

Please contact our office to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced Solicitors.


What happens at my first consultation with you?

We have a fixed fee of $250 for an initial consult, we estimate this may take anywhere between 30-60 minutes depending on your matter.  You will then obtain legal advice and obtain a quote of our fees should you choose to engage us to represent you.  There is no obligation to continue with us after the first consultation.